Re: Haynes for a 2000

To: Scott Kohl <sdkgt6@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Haynes for a 2000
From: Odd Hedberg <odd@triumphclub.se>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 19:07:22 +0200
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, odd.hedberg@bigfoot.com
> Scott Kohl wrote:
> Attention, Brit-Listers! (Blisters?)

Blister??? Thank You...  ;-)

> Is there a Haynes manual for the 2000 Saloon?

It ought to be, or have been rather... I've got one for the 1300/1500
FWD saloon and they were on the manufacturing line at the same time
as the 2000...

My recommendation is that You talk to The Triumph Bookshop" over in
Britain. They list the original British Leyland 2000/2500 Workshop
manual at a price of GBP 28.95 and the BL Parts Catalogue at GBP 32.95
and the BL Owners Handbook at GBP 5.50.

They have an URL:     http://www.the-studio.demon.co.uk/bookshop.html
and can be e-mailed at:  bookshop@the-studio.demon.co.uk

In their ad they say at the bottom: "We only stock Triumph Books!"
and "All other Triumph Books Stocked"

On their HomePage they list the Haynes Manuals for many of the models
(at GBP 16.95), although they don't appear in their printed ad. So
maybe they can trace a 2000 one also. My guess is the only books on
Triumphs they don't stock is the American publications like the Clymer
or Bentley Manuals, but on the other hand why should they? They stock
the ST/LT/BL originals...

(And Rover Group themselves still stock the micro fiches for the models
that had such... I know because I bought a complete set in '95 for the
whole range of Triumphs.)

> Anybody got one they can sell me?  Over here, these things are more
> obscure and more underappreciated (not to mention underrated) than
> Heralds!

I wonder if Andy agrees?  Yes, he probably do...
Over here in Sweden they are as common (rare!) as the Heralds...
56 Mk1 Saloons, 4 Mk1 Estates, 232 Mk2 Saloons and not one single Mk2
Estate anymore. The last one was sent to recycling in '94 I think.
Total Herald tally is just about the double of that of the 2000.

I just heard on the phone from a nonmember, an owner of a '71
2000 Mk2 (ME32864LDL) who's been trying to sell it (chaep to a
good home) for some time,  that he's fed up with the bad response
and sending it to the crushers tomorrow Tuesday August 19...  :-(
Sad but true. I'm quite sure he'd be willing to give it away to
a good home, but no such place seems to exist around here...

I myself don't have the space, nor the right interest in the "big"
Triumph Saloons. Maybe we Swedes should export them to the USA?
They're all left hand steering and such... And more than 25 years
of age at the time of arrival into the US. (With the ever growing
strength of the US dollar they would probably not cost You an arm
and a leg either... ;-)  )

> Cheers!
> Scott Kohl

Bye