Spin-on filter adapter

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spin-on filter adapter
From: Anne van Leeuwen <anne.van.leeuwen@vitatron.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 05:56:16 -0500
One of my TR6 parts suppliers advised me against installing a spin-on
filter adapter because, according to his experience, several problems with
this adapter were reported. He mentioned oil leakage, bursting adapter
housings, etc. He also stated that the advantage of the whole modification
was questionable.

Can anybody confirm this or has anybody had similar experiences? I
installed an adapter on my previous TR6 and had no complaints at all. Also
pressure build-up at start-up improved considerably. Therefore my
curiosity, I doubt his story.

Anne van Leeuwen
1972 TR6
The Netherlands