Spin-on filter adapter

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spin-on filter adapter
From: Jeff Arrowsmith <jarrow@dlcwest.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 22:54:30 -0700
>One of my TR6 parts suppliers advised me against installing a spin-on
>filter adapter because, according to his experience, several problems with
>this adapter were reported. He mentioned oil leakage, bursting adapter
>housings, etc. He also stated that the advantage of the whole modification
>was questionable.
>
>Can anybody confirm this or has anybody had similar experiences? I
>installed an adapter on my previous TR6 and had no complaints at all. Also
>pressure build-up at start-up improved considerably. Therefore my
>curiosity, I doubt his story.
>
>Anne van Leeuwen
>1972 TR6
>The Netherlands
>anne.van.leeuwen@vitatron.com

I would change part suppliers of I were you...:-(.  Anyone who is against
instant start-up oil pressure, no leaks, clean filter changes, and cheap
and available filters is a sick pup.......and should be made to use the
stock set-up forever and ever.:-)

Jeff.A

1967 GT6 Mk1
1975 Spitfire
1975 TR6
"Why do you own 3 Triumphs?".........because I can't afford 4!
Rap = Disco for the 90's