Re: Spin-on filter adapter

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Spin-on filter adapter
From: WINDOWSEET@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 18:55:34 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: anne.van.leeuwen@vitatron.com
The Triumph Tune catalog has a story about spin on adapters and how they
solve start up oil starvation due to the oil draining out of the filter. I
have a spin on adapter on my GT6+ and it works fine, however, I did have to
use two gaskets, stacked on top of one and other to stop it from leaking. I
found out the hard way that the thing leaks. The mounting bolt boss holds the
adapter off the block the thickness of the gasket. This could be cured with
some machining if the block is being redone. Otherwise it is a satisfactory
accessory.

Greg Wolf
1970 GT6+
Ann Arbor, MichigaN