Re: TR3A Check out

To: "Perry T. Hammock" <phammock@ivy.tec.in.us>, british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR3A Check out
From: John Cowan <jfcowan@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 08:39:53 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Perry,
  This is a *big* topic, and experience is as big a factor as any.  Get the
book Classic Car Restorer's Handbook by Jim Richardson published by HP
Books for a good start on the topic.  Anyway, for real peace of mind, hire
an expert to do the check.  Don't be embarrassed to insist.. If the O
doesn't go along with it, maybe you don't want the car.
  John Cowan

At 08:52 AM 8/20/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Have the opportunity to purchase a (nother) TR3A, a 1960 w/ overdrive.  I
am going to check the car out this weekend, and wanted any advice from the
list on how to best check the overdrive unit?  This is my first experience
with an overdrive car, so I'm not too sure how to best check it out.  TIA
for your usual sage advice!!