Tranny Info

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Tranny Info
From: NA Campiglia <spitdrvr@camalott.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 17:20:00 -0500
Hello all,
I have a 74 Spitfire that I want to change the tranny on.  I currently have
a 3 rail gear box that has lost second gear, I want to replace it with a
single rail later type.  Other then the clutch (10 vs 20 Spline) what else
will have to be changed?  Is the drive shaft the same length?  Also, does
anyone have the name of a good place to get a re-built one, with a
warrenty?  I have bought two in the past with mixed levels of scucess but I
would like to try a different place this time.

Nick
http://www.camalott.com/~spitdrvr
sptidrvr@camalott.com
Abilene, Texas