RE: Stuck Spitfire clutch solved!

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "'Kevin B. Rhodes'" <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Subject: RE: Stuck Spitfire clutch solved!
From: "Nicholls, Clark" <cnicholl@lawson.epri.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 08:58:19 -0400
Get a speedbleeder for the slave cylinder!
www.speedbleeder.com
3/8x24 I believe...
This makes it a 1 man 1 minute job vs 2 men lots of cursing xx minute
job.

Otherwise, jack the car up so the rear is higher than the front
(carefully) and open the bleeder with a tube attached running to the jar
on the floor.  Let the fluid siphon till no bubbles, tap on the slave
and master occasionally.

You'll need a short 7/16" or 3/8" wrench to loosen the bleeder in place
without removing the tunnel.  I made a special tool with a torch...
(sever bent 3/8+7/16 combo wrench)

That usually does it...
Clark