Re: New Valve Cover Gasket - TR2/3/4

To: Zink <zink@pdq.net>
Subject: Re: New Valve Cover Gasket - TR2/3/4
From: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@octonline.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 08:53:54 -0400
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Zink wrote:

> Alexander Joseph H wrote:
> >
> > I am going to bring to the Heartland British Autofest, a new product..
> >
> > It is a new silicone valve cover gasket. I replaced  the neoprene
> > gasket
> > I had on one engine for the past 25 years with this new gasket and it
> > is
> > working quite well..
> >
> > I have a second one that we are going to install the race car. I am
> > going to bring THIS gasket and some flyers if anyone attending the
> > show
> > on Sunday would like to see it..
> >
> > The gentleman who tooled up for this new gasket is looking for some
> > marketing feedback on price and impression. The flyer will have his
> > e-mail address and website..
> >
> > I have no personal interest other than encouraging the development of
> > new products for our old Triumphs. Certainly I have no financial
> > interest..
> >
> > See you all at Heartland
> See if he can tool one for Spitfires.  There are alot of us 4 banger
> folks out here and if the price is reasonable, we can probably do some
> serious business..
>
> Larry Zink
> 1964 Spitfire4
> Houston

Check out this URL for the gaskets. I think these are the ones. I
Emailed them asking about Spitfire gaskets and he replied that he
doesn't have one yet. He is awaiting the results of initial sales of the
new one for TRs before deciding on tooling up any others. The one for
TRs really looks impressive and if it were available for Spits, I'd buy
one in the blink of an eye. I'm pissed at the cork ones and want to find
a good neoprene one.

J.M. Wagner Sales
http://www.greenheart.com/jmwagner/

Vic Whitmore