RE:Disc brakes--non Triumph

To: "'Triumph'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE:Disc brakes--non Triumph
From: "Peter J. Thomas" <pjthomas@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 18:26:58 -0400
Bob Wise wrote:

| 6.  Excessive heat buildup.  Yeah, probably, but what is the source?  If
| it's not excessive or hard braking, or dragging due to bad hydraulics then
| what would cause the rotors to heat up?  Do Camrys have poor ventilation on
| their brake rotors?   If so, shouldn't all Camrys have the same problem?

This is a wild guess.  Two things come to mind.  Are you in a hilly area?
Riding the brakes on long down hills isn't recommended.  My Windstar manual
warns against this and suggests down shifting.  Another wild guess might be
your tranny/idle.  Stop on a level surface, take your foot off the brake and
don't touch the gas.  Does the car have a mind of its own and start to drive?
If so, your engine is working against the brakes.

You did mention that the pads don't seem worn, could be the Midas pads are too
hard for your rotors.  I personally would take the car to the dealer the next
time.  Even if it did cost more, hopefully it's fixed once.

Good luck,

Peter Thomas
CTC 66803 LO