Re: Thanks you all :)

To: pbitton@axess.com
Subject: Re: Thanks you all :)
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 22 Aug 97 9:45:39
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Patrick Bitton wrote:

>>...I was amazed on the
reponse I got on the frame rebuilding. I decide that I will wire brush the
damn thing then use Metal ready the use the famous POR-15.<<

Some POR-15 IMHO*s for you, Patrick.  I have used it a fair amount, and it
is very good stuff for a variety of uses.  Because it absorbs water as it dries,
it is possible to apply it right over rust, without the subsequent perforation
that would occur if you were to do this with regular paint.  You must, however,
wear gloves when using it, because it will ALWAYS get on your hands (that*s its
special charm), and if it dries, will be there for a week.  A breather mask is
also
recommended.  Spread it VERY thinly, too.  I have often noticed that it will
start to drip and bead a half hour or so after you have painted something,
and walked away confident that there were no drips (!)

The Metal Ready primer is not really necessary, providing you wire brush
adequately and make sure the area is clean.  POR-15 will also discolor with
exposure to sunlight, so topcoat it if it matters.

>> I am even considering doing the whole body with  this stuff the put a nice
coat of paint over it. I think this way the car will out live me :)<<

Sure, that*s a <fine> idea.  Better do the inside of the tub first, then!

--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6 III

/// President, Club T.R.I.U.M.P.H.  ///
(The Roadster Imbeciles Undeterred by Much Porsche Hostility)
membership:  .75