Bumper revisited

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Bumper revisited
From: Edward Hutchinson <seah@zorba.info.sunyit.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 17:25:07 -0400
I know this thread has been on the list recently but unfortunately I wasn't
working on this item at the time so didn't pay attention. Bad Ed. Bad bad Ed.

My 74 TR6 came with only rubber baby buggy bumpers on the rear bumper. I
like the look of the front without the rbbb but the bumper is held on with
some unattractive hex bolts which don't appear to go all the way through the
bumper. I would like to replace them with carriage bolts as they would look
so much better. Unfortunately, the holes in the bumper are round and in
order to install carriage bolds need to be square.

My concerns deal with how to make to round holes into square ones (I suppose
I could use a file but seems like a lot of work) and how to do it without
introducing areas in which rust could take hold.

Any thoughts? (stupid question)

Ed