Flimsy new plug wires

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Flimsy new plug wires
From: breedon@ucdhep.ucdavis.edu
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 14:41:22 PST
Cc: breedon@ucdhep.ucdavis.edu
Last night I installed new plug wires on the TR6 engine in my car.  I had
ordered them from Moss, made in England by Intermotor.  They are terrible!
The connector leads to the distributer are jagged and made of some thin, shiny
metal and they all bent over when I tried to push them on.  My old wires have
much stronger, smooth copper colored leads, even though otherwise they look
identical to the new wires.  Has anyone else had trouble with Intermotor plug
wires?

The new ignition coil I also installed is made by Lucas so I should not have
any trouble with that <insert smiley face here>.

Richard Breedon
'74 TVR 2500M