Re: How to ground Spit steering column so horn works ?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: How to ground Spit steering column so horn works ?
From: joe-schneider@nwu.edu (Joseph R Schneider)
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 1997 22:10:42 -0500
I believe the ground is meant to be via the tubular housing, not the shaft,
mine is well grounded, I beleive there is a little wire to make the ground
secure, but you can check the ground by seeing if one the metal steering
wheel spokes is at ground potential- my horn didn't work because the wire
had broken away from the copper contact ring just behind the steering
wheel, I soldered it last weekend, horn works fine now, unfortunately, my
IGN light is now on and I seem not to have any current to the top fuse,
which includes the wipers, the stop and turn signals, and the heater blower
good luck
Joe

Joseph R Schneider    Web Page http://pubweb.acns.nwu.edu/~jschneid/JRS.HTML
76 Spitfire 1500  FM45587UC  Illinois license plates "SPIT BOY"   VTR
#11526  *Spit happens*
"I'll take him to the Jesuits for they know the sins of the Pope himself."
Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt page 129