GT6 story/shifter problem

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: GT6 story/shifter problem
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 25 Aug 97 11:17:37
My GT6 has a little problem with its shifter.  But first, a little story ...

This weekend I was tooling down the left lane of I-66 West in Virginia, when
some Doofus in an Accord comes up within two inches of my tail.  I was boxed
in, so I had nowhere to go.  A little space opens in front of me, so I push it
up to
about 65mph.  Butthead moves up to within inches of me again.

I*m starting to get a little annoyed now, and my exit is approaching.  So as
the road
ahead clears, I just punched it -- and took off like a shot, watching in my
rear view mirror as Meathead and his Honda just get smaller and smaller.

Bye-bye, Beevis ... and sheez, wasn*t that fun?

However, the GT6 has developed a bit of a problem.  The shifter seems to
have dropped or broken something, and is now very loose.  It*s also hard to
find gears,
and there seems to be no protection against shifting into reverse.
I have never had a shifter apart, so this is some new territory for me.  Any
ideas
what might be going on down there?

--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6 III

///  Treasurer, Club T.R.I.U.M.P.H.  ///
(The Roadster Ingrates Unintimidated by Meatheads in Paltry Hondas )
membership:  .75