Re: GT6 story/shifter problem

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: GT6 story/shifter problem
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 10:41:35 -0700
Martin S. writes:
>However, the GT6 has developed a bit of a problem.  The shifter seems to
>have dropped or broken something, and is now very loose.  It*s also hard
to find gears,
>and there seems to be no protection against shifting into reverse.
>I have never had a shifter apart, so this is some new territory for me.
Any ideas
>what might be going on down there?
************************
Sounds to me like the little rubber bush in the shifter extension
disintegrated.  The 'Big Three' have kits to repair this.  It's an easy and
straightforward job, but, you'll have to remove the tranny cover.  (there's
always a catch isn't there?)

Barry Schwartz in San Diego, CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6/5sp Spitfire ( daily driver )
70 GT6+ ( when I don't drive the Spitfire )
70 (sorta) Spitfire ( project )
73  Ford Courier ( parts hauler )