RE: GT6 story/shifter problem

To: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: GT6 story/shifter problem
From: Richard Ceraldi-ERC004 <Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 13:51:21 -0500
Comments: ( Received on motgate.mot.com from client mothost.mot.com, sender Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com )
Martin,
  Whoa there. I did not know that a  GT6 would go as slow as 65 on the
interstate. I'll have to brake and try it some time. Hopefully without a
Suburban behind me.
    As far as the shifter goes it is no big deal to repair the area that is
giving you the problem. A rebushing kit is available from most places for
around $20. There are on 4 nuts holding on the shifter section. Remove them
and lift off the shifter. It will be pretty obvious where the new spacer in
the kit go. The most time consuming part of the operation is removing the
tranny cover and putting it back.
    Now, not to turn this in to a case of shipwights have you changed the
grease lately? This is the easiest time to get to the filling hole.
Have fun,
Richard Ceraldi
71 GT6 MKIII KF166L
Austin, TX