SCCA Vintage Rollbar

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: SCCA Vintage Rollbar
From: David Brady <dmb@cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 18:41:11 -0700
Hi,

I finally got the SCCA GCR and the SCCA Vintage Racing
Supplements, but I'm still having difficulty figuring
out how removeable braces are allowed to be attached
to the main hoop.

In particular, I have a petty bar that attaches to the
top of the main hoop and I have a main hoop diagonal.
Both of these braces are removable. What I'd like to do
is to take a piece of tubing with inside diameter equal
to the outside diameter of the main hoop. Take a 6" section
of this tubing, split it down the middle so that you have
two crescent shapes. Take this crescent shape and weld the
convex surface to the removeable brace. Drill two holes
in the crescent and also through the main hoop and weld
sleaves into these holes on the main hoop. Now the brace
can be bolted to the main hoop. Does anyone know if this
will pass tech inspection for SCCA Vintage?

The Vintage Supplement describes a connecting technique
that uses double shear and flanges, it also references a picture
but there is no picture present. Does anyone know what this
contraption looks like. Are the double shere flanges welded
to the main hoop or to the brace? Thanks in advance

--
Dave Brady
dmb@cisco.com