Fuel cap gasket

To: mcline@c4.com
Subject: Fuel cap gasket
From: Dave Fain <KC3565L@sprintmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 21:26:40 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Mike Cline wrote:
>Can anyone give me some suggestions as to where to find a fuel cap
>gasket (the rubber one on the inside of the flip cap) for a 1971 TR-6. I
>can not find it in any of the big three.
>Do I need to fabricate one? How?

Mike, I have made some gaskets using neoprene gasket material
I bought at a hardware store (Hugh M. Woods here in Denver).
It isn't hard to cut and should hold up to gasoline fumes.
It may not be the right color but I won't tell. :-)  Look
in the plumbing department.  Haven't looked at an auto
supply store, but you might also find it there.
Dave Fain