RE: Engine Numbers

To: "'John Harris'" <jharris@wimsey.com>
Subject: RE: Engine Numbers
From: Chris Prugh <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 20:44:58 -0700
Cc: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
John,

        Sounds like the last machine shop to touch your block has "decked" the
mating surface of the block where the head sits.  Probably an uneeded job, but
does make for a nice even mating surface, especially if it has been gouged (how
would I know that ;) ).  There is probably some metalurgist who has the
fluoroscope needed to read the old engine numbers, otherwise.....

Chris Prugh
72 Spitfar
Morgan Hill, CA