Re: TR4 Seat frames

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR4 Seat frames
From: tuu@cosmail3.ctd.ornl.gov (Tim Tucker)
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 13:17:59 -0400
At 11:27 AM 8/26/97 -0500, Mark Bryon Joslyn wrote:
>On Sat, 23 Aug 1997 TRAHMG@aol.com wrote:
>
>> I'm looking for 1964 TR4 seat frames - not TR3, not TR6, but TR4 seat frames.
>
>The list can correct me if I'm wrong,but most 64 TR4' came with TR3 seats.
>I've owned 2 64's and both came with the old style seats. I believe that
>the 4A in 65 had the new square seats but I'm no expert and I'm sure
>someone will advise us if I'm wrong.
>                                               Mark

While we're on this subject, I would like to ask some seat questions:

Do the later TR4 and 4A have the same frame?  I know they both use the same
Rubber Diaphragm.  My '62 (CT16063) has this rubber diaghragm on the seat
bottom.  I don't beleive the early TR4 seats had these rubber diaghragm.
Since I'm not the original owner, it's possible the DPO replaced the seats
prior to me buying the car in '80.  The reason I've been confused over the
seats is the fact that they have been redone using what appears to be TR4A
seat kits(reference the TRF catalogue pictueres).  I guess that brings me
back to my original question.  Do the later TR4 and 4A have the same frame?

TIA for any responses
Tim
Kingston, Tennessee
'62 TR4 CT16063L