Re: triumph tr6 w/9k

To: Sept995@aol.com, owner-triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: triumph tr6 w/9k
From: KMNTR6@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 14:28:09 -0400 (EDT)
Kevin
I have seen cars like this before. They are usually not the "showroom
perfect" examples that they are made out to be. Most of the time there are
multiple problems from sitting and non-use. I see from your post that you own
2 Triumphs. I own 2 myself and if I let either one sit too long, it just
doesn't start as easily as when they are driven on a regular basis. Seals dry
out, those pesky o rings rot and after 21 years, I'd bet that a TR6 with only
9,000 miles would not be in showroom condition even though it might appear
perfect. In my opinion the car is NOT worth $20,000. It would be much wiser
to spend your money on a car that is driven and MAINTAINED regularly.

Ken Nachman
Richmond (VA) Triumph Register
1957 TR3
1974 TR6