Octane Booster

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Octane Booster
From: "Karl F. Rau" <krau@ns.pivot.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 21:10:34 -0400
I (my brother) needs some information about the various octane booster
products on the market, He owns a '68 MGC which has a compression ratio
of 9.0:1...the manual calls for 98 octane...obviously not normal pump
gas, unless you go to the airport which he doesn't really want to do.
Visiting a VIP auto store for him the other day, I counted 8 different
products claiming to boost octane (they ranged from .99 to $7.99), most
all were to mix with 20 gallons of gas. The question is with such a vast
difference in price...are some products better than others. I wonder if
the cheaper products contain chemistry which could over a prolonged
period prove "harmful" to ones engine. Any help would surely be
appreciated.

Yours in Sport

Karl Rau
'73 TR6 CF10534