Engine Breakin

To: "Triumphs (E-mail)" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Engine Breakin
From: "Eric C. Rupert" <eric@rpm.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 22:45:27 -0400
I have about 800 miles on a fresh engine rebuild and am still exibiting some
startup smoke.  I spoke to the mech. the other day and he gave me some line
about this engine ('66 Spit MKII, 1147cc) not having valve seals and that some
puff might be normal in this engine.  Is this true?  Before the thrust washers
went into the pan, I don't remember any smoking with the old engine.

I'd have to look at the inventory list, but I know there were new guides and a
couple new valves put in.  It has a 12month warranty so I'm not real worried,
but I am curious.

Thoughts?

Eric Rupert
vp, northeast operations
RPM Consulting
(302) 477-0888 voice (302) 477-0857 fax (888) 894-2561 pager
'66 Spitfire MKII