Re: TR6 door questions

To: LGarey@mail.dot.state.nc.us, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 door questions
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 23:30:12 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-08-27 12:20:26 EDT, LGarey@mail.dot.state.nc.us (Lex
Garey) writes:

> 1.  The 3 water curtain assemblies (plastic sheeting) in the doors are
>  about gone.  Two of them hang under the inner waist seal, and one is
>  attached to the bottom of the window glass channel.  I believe these are
>  no longer available.  Does anyone have a suggestion for replacing these,
>  or a good method of shielding the door panels from water?

Lex:

On all American cars that I am familiar with, and most Japanese, a sheet of
plastic is stretched over the door, under the upholstery panels, and held in
place with a strip of sticky, non-hardening, adhesive. On my TR6, I used
double sided tape to hold the plastic, and it has worked very well now for
about 4 years. I placed the tape around the opening, and then stretched the
plastic sheet, untrimmed, over the tape, pressing in place. After that, I
used a razor knife to trim the plastic to size, cutting just through the
plastic, but not the tape, and to make openings for the handles and trim
fasteners.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74