TR-250 rear lens

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR-250 rear lens
From: MICHAEL FRANCIS KUTKA <cpecod@welchlink.welch.jhu.edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 09:03:53 -0400 (EDT)
Hello all,
Looking at my two TR-250's I have red/amber on CD-255 with the vertical
ridges in the lens and red/red on CD-6434 also with the vertical ridges
in the lens. I believe these to be original, although one red/amber on
the earlier car was smashed when I purchased it and I now have a poor
quality reproduction in its place. If any one wishes to part with an
original I'd love to hear from them. In addition and to add a bit of
controversy.....I have amber front running lights on the early car and
clear on the later car????? Both have the amber front indicator lens'.
I believe that Triumph used whatever they had at the time in the bins. I
don't have B-heritage certificates for either to document build dates,
but they were spread apart in the production cycle. My data plate on
CD-255 is also configured differently than on the later car. Any
suggestions?
MK