RE: TR-250 rear lens

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, "'MICHAEL FRANCIS KUTKA'" <cpecod@welchlink.welch.jhu.edu>
Subject: RE: TR-250 rear lens
From: "Cordes, Edwin G" <Edwin.Cordes@SW.Boeing.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 10:48:22 -0500
Michael,

I though that the red/amber tail and amber running lights were only for
non-US distribution.  I remember reading in a number of Triumph books
that the Amber tail lights were Not allowed by DOT hence the red/red
tail light for US exports. Could this car have been a Canadian import (
I don't know if their requirements matched US DOT's at the time) It
certainly was not a European version since 250's were not available for
the home market.  BTW, who would want a carb choked version when a fuel
injected pocket-rocket TR-5 was available.  I recently replaced both
taillight assemblies on my 250 with the repro lens from TRF, Very nice
quality at a reasonable price ($10.95/each) however the raised numbering
is different than the original lens,  I wonder if this would cost you
any points at a concours?

Ed Cordes
TR250
(bleeding all over my garage floor at this moment)