RE: valve cover

To: "'James H. Davis, Jr.'" <jhdavis6@juno.com>
Subject: RE: valve cover
From: GLENN BOWLEY <gbowley@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 07:44:38 -0400
Cc: "Triumph (E-mail)" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
      James-
        Be careful of painting aluminum! Knowing a few friends who own
aircraft, I know         there is a definite procedure   for painting aluminum.
I myself have done this same     thing for years on various motorcycle blocks,
and the   paint will not stick for very   long. Even using a high-temperature
engine paint, this is still a problem.
                Maybe some other listers can tell us what the proper surface
preparation/priming is for painting over aluminum? I would like to know myself,
as I    am sure the need to paint aluminum      will come up again.

        Glenn Bowley in Mansfield, CT
        gbowley@snet.net

        '75 Spitfire 1500 (FM30644U)