RE: "Period" halogen lamps

To: ingate@shiseis.com, Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: "Period" halogen lamps
From: "Jack I. Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 15:58:21 -0400
Cc: DAStern@ursula.uoregon.edu
>With the recent thread on halogen inserts for the
>TR6, does anyone know where I can get some "period" Cibie
>halogens?

Shane,

Try sending an E-mail request to Daniel Stern at the following address:

DAStern@ursula.uoregon.edu

I have had a number of E-mail conversations with him, having met him on the
SAAB list.  He is a lighting dealer, (part time, I think) who knows a great
deal about automotive lighting and the "period" H4 halogen lamps.

He is also very outspoken about the quality of H4 lamps versus the US-DOT
9004's. Recently, we were discussing a set of period Cibie lamps for my TR3.
He feels he can get the correct period lamps for the TR3, so why not a TR6.

I haven't purchased anything from him yet.  We are looking, first, for a set
of used lamps for my SAAB 9000 ($500 a pair new) and haven't even discussed
pricing.  I wasn't in a hurry and he is in the middle of a move, but he is
responsive and seems to know his stuff.

All std disclaimers apply.  No interests, etc.

Jack