Re: Crane/Allison ignition system in TR6

To: Dave Fain <KC3565L@sprintmail.com>, lang@isis.mit.edu
Subject: Re: Crane/Allison ignition system in TR6
From: R John Lye <rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 97 07:29:25 EDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Aug 29,  2:31am, Dave Fain wrote:
> Bob, does this fit inside the stock distributor?  Do you
> have a Lucas or Delco distributor?  Both the centrifugal and
> vacuum advance in the Delco unit in my GT6 are hosed and I
> would like to replace the insides.  I have to keep the
> mechanical tach drive.

Hi Dave,
     I don't know if this helps you or not, but I just received
a catalog from Cambridge Motorsports (in Cambridge, England
naturally).  They carry a "performance" Lucas distributor for
the TR-6, which has no vacuum advance.  This should work on
your GT-6, too, as far as I know.

John Lye

rjl6n@virginia.EDU
http://avery.med.virginia.edu/~rjl6n/homepage.htm