Re: Crane/Allison ignition system in TR6

To: Dave Fain <KC3565L@sprintmail.com>
Subject: Re: Crane/Allison ignition system in TR6
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 14:03:25 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Thu, 28 Aug 1997, Dave Fain wrote:

> Bob,

Hi there.

> does this fit inside the stock distributor?

The optical sensor part fits inside the distributor.

>  Do you have a Lucas or Delco distributor?

Lucas.

> Both the centrifugal and
> vacuum advance in the Delco unit in my GT6 are hosed and I
> would like to replace the insides.  I have to keep the
> mechanical tach drive.

You should get the distributor rebuilt and have them "recurve" the unit
for mechanical only advance. You're on your own as far as figuring out
how much total advance you need. If you go this route, you don't have to
worry about non-functional advance/retard thingies on your distributor.

Or you could go "totally electronic" with the Electromotive unit....

> Dave

rml
Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |