Re: Spitfire rear suspension compensator

To: Paul Cormier <compubbs@nbnet.nb.ca>
Subject: Re: Spitfire rear suspension compensator
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 07:22:52 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
>> I don't know of anybody that manufactures camber compensators, but it's
>> just as easy, and you'll get better results by simply replacing your
>> existing spring with a MK4, 1500 swing spring assembly -
>
>Yes but to do so, don't you also need to change the axle shafts and
>shock abosorbers?
Paul,
Nope, just change the spring, spring pad and clamp, block off the unused
holes in the diff. and your set. You can change the axles, if you want the
wider track, and the diff. if you want a stronger rear end but it's not
necessary.  Shocks are all the same -

Barry Schwartz in San Diego, CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6/5sp Spitfire ( daily driver )
70 GT6+ ( when I don't drive the Spitfire )
70 (sorta) Spitfire ( project )
73  Ford Courier ( parts hauler )