Re: Seized seat bracket screws - TR3A

To: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Seized seat bracket screws - TR3A
From: Stuart Steele <ssteele@switchsolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 10:00:42 -0500
>Of course the round head screws that hold the slider to the floor pan are
>seized in place and the heads are too big for WD40 to adequately soak down
>to the thread

There is a product used in the aviation maintenance industry called
Mouse Milk, that is an amazingly effective penetrant.  We got it from
Ryder Aviall, but if you have a local aviation maintenance facility
which provides counter sales, you can probably get them to order it for
you.  I think it is in the $6 to $10  range for a pint or quart.

Stuart Steele
69 TR6