Seized seat bracket screws - TR3A

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, mcewenar@epo.gov.on.ca
Subject: Seized seat bracket screws - TR3A
From: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 97 10:52:08 -0400
Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
     Hi Art,
     I recently had extreme difficulty removing some slot-heads and asked
     the list for advice. I did get a number of responses, but the best was
     to get an impact driver. If you're not familiar with these, they
     convert a hammer blow to a bit of rotation, and come with multiple
     bits. You can get them at UAP; they're on sale right now for $19.99
     Cdn. The moment I bought it, I found other uses.
     I was able to remove 13 of 14 door-hinge slot-heads - the head broke
     off the last one, but I couldn't get any of them out with a scewdriver
     before this.
     The end can also be fitted to a 1/2" socket wrench, and sockets can be
     attached to the impact driver.
     Even if it doesn't work for your application, it will have been a good
     excuse to get another tool.
     Hope it helps. I should have gone and tried it on my car before
     writing this, as I have to do the same job on my TR3A, so please let
     me know what ends up working.
     Regards,
     Jim Wallace
     jwallace@canada.hp.com

     From: "Art McEwen" <mcewenar@epo.gov.on.ca>

     .....can't apply enough pressure without the screwdriver slipping out
     of the slot (and taking the skin on my knuckles with it).

     My options as I see them are......

     ....... unless anybody has any better ideas?

     Art McEwen
     mcewenar@epo.gov.on.ca