fried flasher unit

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: fried flasher unit
From: Thomas Carney <tcarney@concentric.net>
Date: 8/30/1997 1:6
  I have run into a recent problem in the midst of
restoring my GT6+.  I was wiring all the lights tonite and
all was fine.  The front directionals worked fine as did my
rears.  Then when I hooked up my reverse lights and tried
the left directionals the front was very dim(and fast) and
the rear non-existent.  But the right hand directionals
seemed to work fine.  When I put my hand to the flasher
unit it was very hot.  Then not a minute later it died
completely.  I tried another flasher and it fried very
quickly too.  What is the deal?
Tom