RE: removing undercoatings

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: removing undercoatings
From: "Glenn Fraser" <Glenn_Fraser@classic.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 97 04:31:10 UT
I have been using a different method of undercoasting removal for my LBC.
First, remove any flammables, ie gas.  In my case I have removed the gas
tanks, drained the gas lines, etc.  Then I use a heater like a hair drier to
preheat the undercoating material. This greatly softens the undercoating
material and much of it can be easily scrapped of with the scrapper of your
choice.  The final step is to use a fast surface cleaner, a degreaser.  I have
been using a Sherwin-William product called 'Surface Cleaner - Fast.'  It's
product number is R7K 158 and as I remember costs less than $16.00 US.  You
will have to replace the rag your wiping with and use fresh cleaner a couple
times to get a really clean surface.

Best of luck,

Doug Fraser
'69 TR6  CC25305