Re: Dim headlights

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Dim headlights
From: Keith Ehrlich <75452.105@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 31 Aug 97 19:56:21 EDT
Message text written by Andrew Mace
>Congratulations, Keith. It's a great feeling to solve a problem like
yours, isn't it?<

Wish all my problems were quite so easy.

Speaking of which, any ideas on what the symptoms of a bad intake manifold
gasket would be and/or how I would know its bad?.

 I tried the carb cleaner trick but doesn;t seem to respond. Possibly because
its tough to reach all possible berak points in the gasket?  Yet I have a
nagging popping at speed or decelleration  (not a backfire, not a nice burble)
that nothing seems to solve ( Weber DGV's BTW). This apparent missing seems to
be lessened, though still obvious, once the car is warmed up-increasing my
suspicions of a leak, as the gasket would likely close a little once warmed up..
I have done everything imaginable in fuel and spark systems short of taking
apart the relatively new Webers. My thoughts about intake manifold gasket came
from Six Tech manual I just got from the folks at 6-Pack.

Thanks Andy-

Keith Ehrlich