RE: TR6 Spin on Oil Filter Adapter

To: "'Keith Ehrlich'" <75452.105@CompuServe.COM>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: TR6 Spin on Oil Filter Adapter
From: "Jim Altman" <jaltman@altlaw.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 1997 20:28:28 -0400
I only had one outer ring.  I had a thick and a thin inner ring.  The one
outer ring was the same thickness as the prior ring from the canister
filter.  I think I have solved the problem by using the ring and then
adding a bead of hi-temp, nonhardening silicon gasket maker.  It has sealed
and eliminated the leak.  I just hope it'll peal off if I ever need to.

Thanks for your note.

Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com   non illegitimus carborundum
http://www.altlaw.com/