Weather stripping on TR3 spare tire compartment

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Weather stripping on TR3 spare tire compartment
From: drew@pixar.com
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 09:30:20 -0800
Hi All,

When I purchased my TR3A the DPO included a length of weather stripping
for the spare tire compartment. Since there isn't any stipping on the
car now, I'm not 100% sure how it should be installed. The stripping
has a cross section something like the following (warning, lousy ASCII
graphics coming up):

            _
           / \
          /   \
         /     \_____
        |            )
         \     /-----
          \   /
           \_/

(Depending what font your mail reader uses this may appear to be horizontaly
squashed.)

It seems to me that the teat sticking out to the right of this image
should probably be the part that contacts the lid of the compartment.
But this mean that the sharp edge to the left seats against the body of
the car and the stripping doesn't seem very stable in this position.
It has a tendency to roll to the inside of the channel.

Anyone have any pointers on how this should be installed? I'm also wondering
if there are any suggestions on which weather strip adhesive is the best.

Thanks,
Drew

--
Drew Rogge