Re: Weather stripping on TR3 spare tire compartment

To: drew@pixar.com
Subject: Re: Weather stripping on TR3 spare tire compartment
From: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 19:48:34 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
drew@pixar.com wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> When I purchased my TR3A the DPO included a length of weather stripping
> for the spare tire compartment. Since there isn't any stipping on the
> car now, I'm not 100% sure how it should be installed. The stripping
> has a cross section something like the following (warning, lousy ASCII
> graphics coming up):
>
>             _
>            / \
>           /   \
>          /     \_____
>         |            )
>          \     /-----
>           \   /
>            \_/
>
> (Depending what font your mail reader uses this may appear to be horizontaly
> squashed.)
>
> It seems to me that the teat sticking out to the right of this image
> should probably be the part that contacts the lid of the compartment.
> But this mean that the sharp edge to the left seats against the body of
> the car and the stripping doesn't seem very stable in this position.
> It has a tendency to roll to the inside of the channel.
>
> Anyone have any pointers on how this should be installed? I'm also wondering
> if there are any suggestions on which weather strip adhesive is the best.
>
> Thanks,
> Drew
>
> --
> Drew Rogge
> drew@pixar.comDrew, one side is flat, this goes into the trough, then on the
>up side
the low or short edge goes to the outside and the high side toward the
inside. If you look at the door cover you will see that in order to seal
off water the edge of the lid can only go into the short side with the
high side keeping the water out. Damm I hope this is clear to you, it
sounds real confusing to me. Good Luck.    "FT"