TR4 OEM fuel pump

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR4 OEM fuel pump
From: ArthurK101 <ArthurK101@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 15:16:18 EST
I have an old original fuel pump which I just bought.  It needs a complete
overhaul. Several questions for the list.

1)  I know TRF can rebuild the fuel pump for 78 bucks.  Does anyone know of
any other rebuilders?

1)  Since it does not have the fuel bowl - can I use the bowl off the AC repro
which is on the car? OR does anyone have an original type fuel bowl for sale
trade etc.? (The car is not presently in the same location as the OEM pump I
so I can't match them to check the fit.)  TRF says they do not have fuel bowls
and their guy didn't know if the repro bowl would fit.

3)  Any other ideas?  Yeah, I know - do it myself -but it really is pretty
cruddy. Would the rebuild kit for the OEM pump be complete enough to rebuild a
sealed old pump which appears to be intact. Would I need to replace things
which are not included in the usual rebuild kit?

Thanks in advance for all assistance.  Cheers.

Art Kelly '64 TR4 CT33118L