Re: TR4 OEM fuel pump

To: ArthurK101 <ArthurK101@aol.com>
Subject: Re: TR4 OEM fuel pump
From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 1997 20:50:42 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
ArthurK101 wrote:

> I have an old original fuel pump which I just bought.  It needs a complete
> overhaul. Several questions for the list.
>
> 1)  I know TRF can rebuild the fuel pump for 78 bucks.  Does anyone know of
> any other rebuilders?
>
> 1)  Since it does not have the fuel bowl - can I use the bowl off the AC repro
> which is on the car? OR does anyone have an original type fuel bowl for sale
> trade etc.? (The car is not presently in the same location as the OEM pump I
> so I can't match them to check the fit.)  TRF says they do not have fuel bowls
> and their guy didn't know if the repro bowl would fit.
>
> 3)  Any other ideas?  Yeah, I know - do it myself -but it really is pretty
> cruddy. Would the rebuild kit for the OEM pump be complete enough to rebuild a
> sealed old pump which appears to be intact. Would I need to replace things
> which are not included in the usual rebuild kit?
>
> Thanks in advance for all assistance.  Cheers.
>
> Art Kelly '64 TR4 CT33118L

Hi Art...

My first TR had an orginial pump for a while... I do recall... that I
was able to use the glass from a repro-pump... as long as I also used
the repro's metal-wire-with-a-nut-gizmo that holds it in place...
Diameter was no problem... and you really couldn't tell the difference,
standing next to the car.  :)

--Justin