Old Red Line Tires

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Old Red Line Tires
From: Haeg1 <Haeg1@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 22:00:05 EST
I have an old set of Michelin red lines that have been laying horizontally on
top of the hood of my car for over 15 years. I purchased these tires not to
long before my car went into deep sleep. I was told that they would now be
dangerous to use, because the rubber gets old. The tires look like they are in
good shape.
I have read several posting from people looking for old tires on this list.
Can I replace the inner tubes and valve stems, and drive around on these tires
safely?
If new non-red line radial tires were purchased, would inner tubes be
necessary?
John H. in Minneapolis