RE: OD

To: "'Turner & Turner'" <turner@turner.se>
Subject: RE: OD
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 18:07:22 -0700
Cc: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>

There is a lockout switch and it actually only "allows" current through
to the solenoid (which activates the O/D) when the trans is in 3rd or
4th gear. Any other gears (or neutral) and power is shut off (especially
important for reverse). So you could obtain a 2nd gear switch from an
A-type trans and fit it to your J-type (the holes are there, or at least
the locations are cast in the housing).

As for using O/D in gears other than top (I think Roger Bolick commented
on this), I find that I use 3rd when I am cruising in 4th O/D and I need
to downshift to pass someone or go up a hill - switching off the O/D is
not as much fun as the down shift. Just MO.

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada