The devil replies - TR cylinder heads

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: The devil replies - TR cylinder heads
From: Dave Terrick <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 14:09:59 -0600
Listers,

I never thought this thread would continue, I meant only to point out  -
tongue in cheek - the silliness of BL's change of casting for the N Am
market.  I've learned a thing or two in the past few days.

Considering how good these things were "serviced" when new, I don't doubt
that the dealers didn't want to hear anything about  PI.   There were
several documented cases in Winnipeg of paint on new TR6's flaking off
within a year due to poor prep.  How many of you have had problems with teh
spin on filters not fitting correctly due to "production tolerances"?

Everyone has their favorite story, so considering what percentage of
'mericans maintain their cars "properly" (ie take it to the dealer once
it's too late for preventative maintenence)  I as a dealer wouldn't have
wanted something complex like PI either.  Much easier to replace the "red
emissions pack"  (that'll be $132.50 each plus parts and labour please)
than tune a PI.

Dave Terrick
Winnipeg,
...may be green for only the second time in a century this Xmas
...this after the winter of the century andthe flood of the century
...is Homer Simpson running the weather machine?   .....mmmmm, purple flavor