Re: Jump Starting TR3

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Jump Starting TR3
From: Chip Old <fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 09:43:22 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 19 Dec 1997, Mike Thompson wrote:

>  Just a short question. I am ready to install a battery in my TR3
> project and am wondering if I should go neg. or pos. ground. The only
> need possibly for negative ground is jumping from other cars.
> The question, can or has anyone jump started a positive ground car from
> a negative ground car? Will this work since both cars are sitting on
> rubber and not touching?

The only real reason to switch to negative ground is to accommodate
negative ground electronic equipment (radio, CB, or whatever).  Jump
starting a positive ground car from a negative ground car (or vice versa)
is no problem as long as you connect the jumper cables correctly and don't
let the two cars touch.

Chip Old                      1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland            1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO (daily driver)
fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us