Re: Jump Starting TR3

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, miket@urgrgcc.edu
Subject: Re: Jump Starting TR3
From: "L.D. Hooven" <dirty_howi@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 09:08:13 PST

err, no, you would be in effect grounding the positive lead on the
negative ground car even though the cars are not touching you are still
attaching a lower potential to the positive side of the other battery.
and if the ground is wet (ie it's been raining) the insulating
capability of rubber just went out the window. (to wit, stand in a
puddle with rubber soles and plug yourself in, anyone who has any sense
would tell me to blow it out my........)  hope this helps.

larry