Spot welding

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Spot welding
From: ROBERT SUGGITT <rsuggitt@bmts.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 1997 19:23:40 -0800
        My wonderful wife gave me a Miller 110 volt hand held spot welder for
Christmas. I now need to buy the tongs. Anyone have any experience using
one?  I was interested in the gauges of metal that could be joined using
the  standard tong lengths of  12 and 18 inches.  The owners manual is
mostly useless, specifying only that the maximum thickness (using the 6
inch tongs) is 0.125 inch (or 2 X 16 gauge).  Also any suggestions on how
many seconds it might take to complete  welds for the various gauges?

Rob