RE: TR3 head removal

To: "'Adrio Taucer'" <adrio@capitalnet.com>
Subject: RE: TR3 head removal
From: Chris Prugh <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 11:44:26 -0800
Cc: "'British List'" <british-cars@Autox.Team.Net>, "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Adrio,

        There is always the "rope trick".  Pull the plugs, get your 10' length
of .375" - .5" dia rope, and feed in to spark plug hole of offending end of
motor.
Compressing this soft material inside the cylinder and against the head while
turning the crank by hand from the main pulley should force the head up and
free
of the studs.

Write back if any of this is unclear...I'm on some serious medication today

Chris Prugh
72 Spitfar
Morgan Hill, CA