Re: TRF Shipping Policy

To: Rodney Orr <rodney@mindoro.com>
Subject: Re: TRF Shipping Policy
From: Jonathan Beaudoin <jbdoin@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 1998 17:05:18 -0500
Cc: Larry Quirk <Larry.E.Quirk@gov.ab.ca>, "Nigel West, Physiology" <west@skyway.usask.ca>, "'Triumphs@autox.team.net'" <Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>

Rodney Orr wrote:

> Nigel,
> I definitely recommend staying away from UPS when shipping into Canada from
> the US - ordinary mail is much better in terms of the customs and related
> charges.  Especially with the poor exchange rate for dollar, I use Canadian
> suppliers for just about all of my parts now.  Another major plus in
> dealing on our side of the border is if you ever have to exchange or return
> something - no need trying to get a refund from customs and you'll likely
> never see a refund on the brokerage fees.  If you buy from out-of-province,
> you might even be able to save the PST.
>
> Rod.  '70 TR6 CC55899L  (formerly from S'toon, now in the land of no PST)

Your right about the charges of UPS but let me tell you a little story: On
october 20 1997 I have places a order with Moss... a month after...No news
about the 400$ order, I called Moss to explain them that fact. The let me know
that I had to wait 90 days before making a claim for this. On January 20 1998 I
have sent them a fax explaining that fact and look what they sent me back..

Inv#944732 10/20/97

Have started tracing proceedures with Postal Service on 1/20/98--they
advised us that it could take another 90 days to trace and process claim
form.

Moss Motors, Ltd.
P.O. Box 847
440 Rutherford Street
Goleta, CA 93116
(800) MOSS-USA
(805) 692-2525 - Fax
(805) 681-3400 - International/Local

Conclusion: NEVER MORE USPS.. I think it's better to pay 25$ for the UPS
brocker and have a tracking number for your parcel.. What do you think?

Jonathan, Sherbrooke, Qc, Canada