Re: TRF Shipping Policy

To: "Jonathan Beaudoin" <jbdoin@sympatico.ca>, "Rodney Orr" <rodney@mindoro.com>
Subject: Re: TRF Shipping Policy
From: "Larry Quirk" <Larry.E.Quirk@gov.ab.ca>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 22:49:17 -0700
Cc: "Nigel West, Physiology" <west@skyway.usask.ca>, "'Triumphs@autox.team.net'" <Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
I've never had any problem with USPS and Canada Post.  My main beef with
UPS is that they don't seem to know squat about what duties to apply to
"antique auto parts".  It should be zero.  Once charged, it is a one year
exercise to get your money (less GST paid) back from revenue Canada.

Larry Q.

----------
<west@skyway.usask.ca>; 'Triumphs@autox.team.net'
> Subject: Re: TRF Shipping Policy
> Date: Tuesday, February 03, 1998 3:05 PM
>

> Rodney Orr wrote:
>
> > Nigel,
> > I definitely recommend staying away from UPS when shipping into Canada
from
> > the US - ordinary mail is much better in terms of the customs and
related
> > charges.  Especially with the poor exchange rate for dollar, I use
Canadian
> > suppliers for just about all of my parts now.  Another major plus in
> > dealing on our side of the border is if you ever have to exchange or
return
> > something - no need trying to get a refund from customs and you'll
likely
> > never see a refund on the brokerage fees.  If you buy from
out-of-province,
> > you might even be able to save the PST.
> >
> > Rod.  '70 TR6 CC55899L  (formerly from S'toon, now in the land of no
PST)

> Your right about the charges of UPS but let me tell you a little story:
On